cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Everytime someone dials 911 I need to send out an alert

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer that wants to send an email alert to the security guard station when ever 911 is dialed whether it is an accident or a real emergency. Can this be done through RTMT or CAR. By the way we are running UCM 7.02. MGCP gateways

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, what you're looking for is achieved using CER which does provide alerting capabilities.

CUCM by itself has no means to do this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Here is my problem with that the customer is a large weel known customer and they can do this with there Nortel with no addtional equipment or software. Is there not anyone out there that has come up with a way for CAR to send an email out when 911 is called or through RTMT.

This will be be one PO customer if they have to spend another dime on this solution. THey have already spent a lot of money on servers. It would not be so bad if they could do these applications on VM ware and get rid of having to buy servers, but until Cisco desides to get moving into vitrulization we are stuck buying servers which cost more than they need to.

Most implemenation requires a third party product or CER to accomplish your request. However, if you have programing experience you can do this yourself. First, I'm not a programmer. I can only give you an idea of what could take place.

You can setup the CM server to send the CDR/CMR files via sftp to another server. At this point you could write a script that checks for a 911 call or 9911 call and then send an email notification to your security people.

This will take some time to figure out. In my opinion it would be better to use a 3rd party product like Cistera or IPCelerate to enable the alerting. Not only that, it will also open the door for more features offered to the customer.

I will look around but my customer like I said is doing it through the Nortel without third party apps and no special scripting.

Depends on how you do it, One of the things you need to be aware of if you use something like a CDR application is that the CDR app. may only act on completed calls. We were looking at something like this for a page, email alert to the local security guys on site, the CDR application has a fraud alert software where it can alert someone in fraud type calls but we were going to use it for 999, 112 emergency all good but it will only alert on completed calls this may be an issue in that when calling the emergency services at least in the UK they tend to keep you on the line and so you never get the call completion in the CDR files

I'm not sure if this would work it sound like it would in my head but I don't know a lot about SNMP traps.

You should be able to dedicate to circuits that are just for your E911 and place them in a trunk Group. Setup a trap to notify you when those dial-peers or trunks have been used and send the E-mail. I'm not sure what kind of information they are looking for in the E-mail but I think this would work on a rudimentary level. Someone who knows more about SNMP please let me know if this would work.

DONOVAN RAAUM
SENIOR UNIFIED COMM ENGINEER
O 763-971-2433
E Draaum@convergeone.com

This is a dead horse. You need to tap into CDR via AXL SOAP or get a 3rd party solution. Theres lots of billing servers that do this.

Its going to cost you $$$ either way chief.

Joshua Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I dont know if this helps but in version 12 and up you can use the Even Manager. here would be an example you can use. I actually just had to set it up and i know it works on version 15.5:

First I had to setup:

debug isdn q931 (this is so the GW can see the 'i = 0x80' in the log)

conf t

event manager applet CALLED911

event syslog pattern "Called Party Number i = 0x80, '911'"

action 1.0 mail server "server address" to "Email Address" from "GatewayName@Email.org" subject "911 call" body "There was a 911 call that went out via the GatewayName gateway."

I got this info from cisco page :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/eem/command/eem-cr-book.html

Hope this help anyone in the future!!

-Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: