Views
Helpful
Replies

Device sensed but inventory collection failed - 3550 switches

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a LMS 3.1 installed in a Windows server and some 3550 switches. All these switches, when doing inventory collection, say that "device sensed, but inventory collection failed".

They have IOS 12.1(14)EA1a and I have seen in this forum that this is the minimum version that is not affected by a bug.

I attached a part of the IC_Server.log.

How can we solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

LMS 3.1 started to use the ENTITY-MIB to build a more comprehensive inventory for these switches. Unfortunately, due to a device bug, 3550s must be running 12.1(19)EA1 or higher to get a working ENTITY-MIB. A similar bug exists for 2950s, but they can run 12.1(11)EA1 or higher.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen in the LMS 3.1 supported devices table that these devices need IOS version greater or equal than 12.1(19)EA1c.

We had a LMS 2.6 and these devices were supported with a IOS 11.2(8).

Why is not possible to manage them with an IOS version older than 12.1(19)EA1a?

LMS 3.1 started to use the ENTITY-MIB to build a more comprehensive inventory for these switches. Unfortunately, due to a device bug, 3550s must be running 12.1(19)EA1 or higher to get a working ENTITY-MIB. A similar bug exists for 2950s, but they can run 12.1(11)EA1 or higher.

Hi,

Is there a bug ID for this issue?

Thanks.

CSCeb51407

Thanks, but this is what I get when entering it into the bug tookit website.

"Information contained within bug ID CSCeb51407 is only available to Cisco employees. It is our policy to make all externally-facing bugs available in Bug Toolkit so the system administrators have been automatically alerted to the problem. By choosing to save this bug, you may be notified when the decision to make this bug available to you has been made. Note: Some product enhancement requests and documentation error bugs may not be available in Bug Toolkit. "

Do you have details concerning it?

Symptom:

An SNMP get of the entPhysicalClass object in the ENTITY-MIB returns

an value beyond the range of valid PhysicalClass values.

Conditions:

This behavior can be seen on all 3550 platforms, beginning with version

12.1(11)EA1.

Workaround:

There is no workaround available.

Thanks!

Hi,

Is there a bug id for this issue?

Regards

Rafiek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: