DN and Translation pattern last 4 the same

Unanswered Question
May 4th, 2009
User Badges:

We have a problem with the last 4 of 2 different phone numbers ending in 6441. One is a DN and the other is a DID. They are conflicting with each other in CCM6.0. Any suggestions on how to allow both to coexist.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
James Hawkins Mon, 05/04/2009 - 04:51
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

You cannot have duplicate numbers in the same partition. You could put them in separate partitions but you will then need to plan your calling search spaces carefully.

cowetacoit Mon, 05/04/2009 - 05:03
User Badges:

They are in seperate partitions. One is in a translation pattern partition and the other is in a Pattern/Directory Number partition. My knowledge is this is minimal so bare with me. thanks.

dconstantino Mon, 05/04/2009 - 05:05
User Badges:

You also have to create a CSS maybe one is Device-CSS with the DID PT in it and one system-css with the non DID in it.

cowetacoit Mon, 05/04/2009 - 05:06
User Badges:

hmm....they are both DIDs. One is a main line and the other is a fax line.

kelvin.blair Mon, 05/04/2009 - 05:12
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

David is correct on this one.. Typically when I know there will be an overlap in the dialplan between DID's and internal extension, I normally put all DID translations into a separate partition. The next thing is to create a CSS just for the translation that contains only that translation partition. Once that is done, it is than placed on the gateway.

All the translation patterns themselves should have the correct CSS inorder to match the internal dialplan.

cowetacoit Mon, 05/04/2009 - 05:29
User Badges:

to my knowledge that is how we're configured. I believe the PRI is stripping the first 6 numbers.

kelvin.blair Mon, 05/04/2009 - 05:48
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The same still applies.. You need to make sure that the gateway can only contact the translation patterns and that the Translation patterns can only contact the internal dialplan CSS. This will keep your overlapping from occuring.

Actions

This Discussion