cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source NAT within a static PAT on 5520

tuicruises
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my question is how can I make a source NAT within a Static PAT Rule? Static PAT changes only the Destination addresses and not the Sources. Background is that for routing issues the original sources should be hided behind the interface ip.Is ithis possible? And if yes, how? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what you mean by "Static PAT Rule" but anyway to hide all inside addresses behind the outside interface IP address as an example

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

global (outside) 1 interface

Jon

Thanks for the answer. I do a simple Port Forwarding on teh outside interface ip address to some internal hosts. That works quite easy with Static PAT. But my question is how can I achieve that the public addresses (sources) will never be seen on the real servers in the internal network. I will hide them (NAT) behind the interface ip of the e.g. internal interface. Must I build a second NAT Rule for that ? Who can help me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card