cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropping connection only on ONE pc, others stay connected.

cisco_himg
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my problem.

I recently installed a 1130AG wap in one of our remote offices. There are three computers in this office, all wireless ofcourse.

Two of the three computers stay connected, and one drops every few minutes and connects back up. I have switch the computer out with another computer (of the same kind) and still the same result.

The two computers that are working are the same.

The ones that arent is a tablet PC. I just thought it might have been the adapter, but since there is a new tablet, its still dropping the connection.

Is there anything I can try?

HELP!!!!

p.s. This is what the event log says (remember there is only one WAP on our floor.) However there are different businesses in this building...

Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 0014.a553.25a3 Reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the device's firmware and upgrade it to the latest manufacture supported version for the tablet. That will usually fix the issue.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

I agree with fella5. You may also try relocating the device in question to see if you get a better signal and/or check for interference in that particular area

how can i check for Interference?

I get god signal all across the rooms...

I will upgrade the BIOS today.

Not the bios... the wireless driver in the tablet. If you have no issues with other devices except for the tablet, then its most likely not interference. You can use netstumbler to see what is out there and its free.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Actually,

I put the WAP on channel 1 rather than channel 3 and havent lost contact with that Tablet for 2 hours now since i made the change. Can changing from 1 to 3 really make a difference?

This is good so now i wont have to do any upgrades!!!

You should only use non-overlapping channels 1,6 & 11 (in US) channel 3 conflicts with 1 & 6 frequency ranges.

Yes, it can make a huge difference depending upon your environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: