cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Maps

Starthorn
Level 1
Level 1

I bring in an autocad drawing to png and type in the Horizontal & Vertical dims. When I go to look at the maps to place APs, the map is all squished. When I try to alter the dimensions I tells me I can't be bigger then the parent building. Here are my maps stats:

Building: H 299.10 ft V 183 ft

Basement is:H 299.10 ft V 78.6 ft

Floor 1 is:H 299.10 ft V 183 ft

Floor 2 is:H 299.10 gt V 78.6 ft

Floor 3 is:H 31 ft V 25 ft

what am I doing wrong?

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Try making the floor heights smaller than the building height.

Also,

is the total combined height basement, f1 & f2 greater than building height?

No the building height is not higher then then all floors combined. Should it be?

Also, The text that labels each room with a number is blurred. Its very clear in the original DWG file. Is there a way around that?

I would think so...

I'm not sure about the clarity of imported DWG files. I typically import jpegs.

I have rooms in my map that have different ceiling heights. One room will be 8 ft and another 20.

When entering in the height should I go with the highest room or what ever the majority of rooms are?

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, this is frustrating. Here's what I've done to make things work:

First, set the building dimensions to something arbitrarily large, like 5000 by 5000. Now you can set your floors up without worrying about building dimensions.

Once your floors are done, then try to set the building dimensions to something arbitrarily small, like 10' by 10'. This will return an error and list all the actual dimensions of the floors. Then you can just use that info to figure out what the building dimensions actually need to be. (Note that the order of dimensions in the error message is reversed from how you will enter it on the setup screen.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: