cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - How can I remove some VLAN interfaces from polling?

brianhill88
Level 1
Level 1

I just started working with LMS 3.1. I'm getting alerts from some of the VLAN interfaces on our 6500 that they are not reachable. This is because of access lists on those particular VLANs. I don't need to monitor these particular VLANs. How can I remove them from polling? I can navigate to DFM - Configuration - Polling parameters and select the group but the options are not that granular. It seems like you have to poll all of interfaces or none of them. Is there are way to monitor only some of the interfaces?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. To disable the pinging of certain IP addresses (or just unmanage entire interfaces) go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details. Launch the Detailed Device View on the desired device, and select either the IP or Interface node in the left-hand tree. If you unmanage just the IP address, then the DFM will still report OperationallyDown, utilization, etc. issues on the interface. It just won't ping that interface's IP address.

If you unmanage the interface, however, then DFM will not report any events for that interface.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. To disable the pinging of certain IP addresses (or just unmanage entire interfaces) go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details. Launch the Detailed Device View on the desired device, and select either the IP or Interface node in the left-hand tree. If you unmanage just the IP address, then the DFM will still report OperationallyDown, utilization, etc. issues on the interface. It just won't ping that interface's IP address.

If you unmanage the interface, however, then DFM will not report any events for that interface.

Awesome! Thank you, that is just what I was looking for.

One small problem. Of the forty devices we have entered so far, the one device that does not show up under the DFM - Device Details is (you guessed it)that 6509. It is listed in Common Services - Device Management. And obviously I'm getting alerts from DFM about it. How can I be getting DFM alerts yet it's not listed in Device Details list under DFM?

Be aware that DFM is the one application in LMS which does not respect the DCR Display Name. The device may be showing up in DFM by IP address.

Yeah, I thought too. After not seeing it anywhere in there I had one of the other engineers look as well just to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Would the best step for me be to remove the device from Common Services - Device management and then try to re-add it?

I deleted the device from CS - Device management and then re-added it. Now the device shows up in DFM - Device Management and I'm able to deselect the IPs of the VLANs interfaces I don't want monitored.

Thank you for your help! I'm sure I'll have many more questions as we finish setting up LMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: