cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Ap 1242

mhuaynate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, friend I want to set several SSID in one AP, each SSID below to different Vlan, All SSID have to spread.

thank for your help.

6 Replies 6

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

thank for you information, but I have a problem. When i try to connect to the SSID, I cant. I associated the ssid with specific vlan. I cant connect to the SSID

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disable all authentication to your AP and let your PC/Laptop associate to it. Once this is possible, then you start adding some configuration such as Authentication.

Leo ~ 5 stars ! This is the best way to apply security when doing wireless in my humble opinion. There are some many factors when doing wireless security and start off easy and start adding on layers. And just the reverse when you have issues, take layers off...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks for the ratings George.

thank for your help, I found the mistake, firts I created the vlan, second I created the SSID an asoociated one vlan with one SSID, but there is a potion Network ID,I think that was the problem, because when I Disable this option, I could connect to the SSID.

Example 1:

SSID: pisos SSID: oficina

Vlan: 10 Vlan: 20

Network ID: 10 Network ID: 20

Example 2:

SSID: pisos SSID: oficina

Vlan: 10 Vlan: 20

In the first example I cant connect and the second examle I can connect.

Now I want to kown in what situacion I have to put the Network ID.

I going to found out in the Cisco documentation.

Thank.

Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card