Views
Helpful
Replies

frame-relay interface-dlci switched command

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I want to understand the frame-relay interface-dlci switched command on router.

I know it is used for local switching, but what this command exectly does? is it emulating router to behave like a frame-relay switch for particular interfaces (not all interfaces)?

To use this command router serial interface needs to be have only layer 2 information or it can use that interface for layer 3 connectivity also?

regards

Devang Patel

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Devang,

it looks like this command can be useful in ATM-FR interworking FRF.5 and FRF.8.

It should tell the router that for this DLCI it has to act as a WAN Switch and not as a DTE, it has to logically cross-connect it with an ATM PVC. (my guess).

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/wan/command/reference/wan_f1.html#wp1015208

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Devang,

This command also allows you to implement FRoMPLS and you can have it on the main interface with other L3 configuration.

This command just tells the router which DLCI are not locally terminated (default config)

HTH

Laurent.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies...

In FRoMPLS we use connect configuration on global configuration mode with xconnect command to configure FRoMPLS. then how frame-replay interface-dlci switched will work with FRoMPLS, will it add any additional feature to configuration? I am just trying to understand the use of this command.

will after putting this command i will have functionality to configure L2 and L3 VLAN configuration on same interface?

am i correct with my understanding posted in this reply as well as my initial post?

thanks,

Devang Patel

Hi,

frame-relay interface-dlci switched cmd allows you to associate a map-class to the switched DLCI. You can switch and terminate DLCI on the same interface with or without this command.

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: