CCX Components: Monitoring & Recording restrictions

Unanswered Question
May 4th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi, as SRDN said there were four core SW components in CCX: CCX Engine, Database, Monitoring & Recording.

Could my customer purshase & deploy CCX without Monitoring & Recording components due to our counrty severe restrictions of call recording systems?

May be there is a CCX configuration without these components. Now I am very trouble to sell CCX solutions because of national defence department could bring to trial an installator and even a customer who do not have appropriate permission for such a deployment. The aim is to prepare a document where I can describe (with refence to a vendor) that CCX deployment may have only the first two SW components, and if a cusomer need to monitor & record calls he would purchase the separate components: HW and SW.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jrogers22 Wed, 05/06/2009 - 19:58
User Badges:

Rinataga, you can purchase CCX Standard which does not offer call recording and monitoring. CCX Enhanced and Premium only supports on-demand (not 100%) recording and monitoring and has a limitation of 32 or 64 simultaneous recorded calls. To upgrade to Enhanced or Premium would also be very expensive.

If your customer does require recording/monitoring I would recommend a third party Cisco partner like Telrex or Verint due to cost and ease of installation.

Rinataga Wed, 05/06/2009 - 20:14
User Badges:

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately the deployment requires outbound option and some other features which only CCX premium version has. The customer does not require to recording/monitoring.

The main purpose is to buy CCX Prem without recording/monitoring SW components.

I see that it is imposseble still.

jrogers22 Wed, 05/06/2009 - 20:24
User Badges:

You cannot purchase CCX Prem without on demand recording/monitoring, but can disable the services on the server.

Rinataga Wed, 05/06/2009 - 20:37
User Badges:

ok, jrogers22

we will try to explain it to our national safety agency who examine all import and installed equipment for recording option availability.

Actions

This Discussion