Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID with MGCP Gateway

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have implemented CUCM 6.1 with MGCP gateway...just need to clear one thing that is somebody told me that Call ID is not supported with MGCP gateway but it works fine with H.323 gateway...currently i am not able to see calling party number on my ip phone screen although it is activated from our Telco even i have checked it physically with an analog phone...need your assistance in this regard...

My question is, does CM supports caller ID with MGCP gateway or not..??

Thanks,

Malik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct. You need CUCM 8.x and 12.4(20)T to get caller ID from MGCP from FXO ports.

8.x isn't out yet which means you're waiting for 8 for this feature. But 20T plus CUCM 8.x and you should be fine.

-nick

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

You should be able to see Caller ID (phone number) on your IP phone when gw is configured with MGCP.

Problem with Caller ID is between FXO port and probably your talk about this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009428e.shtml

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, caller ID is natively supported in MGCP.

It has not been supported with H323 until recent IOS versions, so your friend had these 2 confused.

As to calling name, name sure you check "Display IE Delivery" checbox on the PRI configuration in CM.

HTH,

Chris

Sorry, I just realized you are talking about FXO not PRI. Then, correct caller ID is not supported with MGCP until IOS version 12.4.20T.

HTH,

Chris

thanks for reply...can you plz tell me which ios can support caller ID with MGCP as gateway...

Awaiting your reply...

Malik.

It is in 12.4.20T as I mentioned above. I would suggest either 12.4.20T2 or latest 12.4.22T

I have to admit I have not tried it yet thought.

HTH,

Chris

up to my understanding in callmanger 6 it is not suppoted(mgcp-fxo callerid)

Correct. You need CUCM 8.x and 12.4(20)T to get caller ID from MGCP from FXO ports.

8.x isn't out yet which means you're waiting for 8 for this feature. But 20T plus CUCM 8.x and you should be fine.

-nick

Hi Nick,

I am terminating PBX line to FXO port and my gateway is registered with CCM by MGCP. But my FXO port is not getting registered.

It would be great if you can provide me the configuration for FXO port on voice gateway and CCM for MGCP.

Thanks,

Nimit

use the following commands.

example:

on GW:

dial-peer voice 5689 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/1/1 (FXO port number)

on CCM

-------

configure subunit x

then configure Device pool,cSS

Port Information (loop start)

Port Direction (bothways)

Attendant DN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: