cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same firmware for PAP2 and PAP2T?

gustavolsson
Level 1
Level 1

From the information I've found scattered around the internet, the PAP2T seem to be a later version of the PAP2 with more memory and the ability to support two concurrent g.729 calls. I have a large number of devices identifying themselves as "Linksys/PAP2-3.1.22(LS)" and a pretty large amount identifying themselves as "Linksys/PAP2T-5.1.3(LS)". We seem to suffer from the bug "Unit stops playing incoming RTP audio once it receives a 180/183 w/o SDP; regardless setting of <Sticky 183> parameter" which is fixed in 5.1.6. I'm therefore looking into upgrading all PAP2 and PAP2T units. The release notes for 5.1.6 lists both PAP2 and PAP2T but doesn't clearly state that they use the same .bin. What is the case here? Same .bin for both models or?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dear Gustav;

Please find attached 3.1.23. This is the equivalent firmware for PAP2.

Regards;
Alberto

View solution in original post

Yes, it is. As soon as I get the Release Notes I'll forward it to you.

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Each product uses their own firmware. I suggest you download them from cisco.com

Regards;
Alberto

Thank you for your answer Alberto,

In all that text i forgot to mention that i cannot find it on cisco.com. I find the firmware for PAP2T and the other models (8000, 2101 and so on, all listed in the same view) but not for the PAP2. Again, the release notes for the 5.1.6 is named "Release Notes for -- Linksys PAP2/PAP2T 5.1.6", although that doesn't necessarily mean the binary itself is the same... Is it really there or can I find it some other place?

Dear Gustav;

I see. Please note PAP2 is End of Life. That means there is no new firmware available in cisco.com. I'm escalating this in order to check whether there is a new firmware available for PAP2. Please stay tuned.

Regards
Alberto

Dear Gustav;

Please find attached 3.1.23. This is the equivalent firmware for PAP2.

Regards;
Alberto

Dear Alberto: Thank you!

Just for clarification, is the 3.1.23 for the PAP2 what the 5.1.6 is for the PAP2T with regards to the release notes and the fix of the bug related to missing call back tone?

Thanks!

Yes, it is. As soon as I get the Release Notes I'll forward it to you.

Regards
Alberto

Gustav;

Please see release notes attached.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto

Me too I would like to get the latest firmware for the PAP2 (version 1)

However the zipped file that you've attached (pap2-3-1-23-LS.zip) is corrupted and I cannot unzip it.

Can you please re-attach

Thanks

Hi sabb010101,

Please try the download from Alberto's thread again. https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/5921#5921

I have just tested it and it downloads and unzips without any problem.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Thanks Patrick

I was able to redownload and unzip.

However I was not able to upgrade my PAP2 ! It is looking for an Admin password that I do not have. I bought this PAP2 privately. What are my options ?

Thanks

Hi sabb010101,

Thanks for letting me know that you were able to download and uncompress the recovery utility.

I suggest that you contact the seller and request the password or your money back. Without the password, the device is useless to you.

There are several thread on this forum, you're not alone.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

I am having problems with my PAP2T lately - no caller id and short beep instead of a ring.

I tried fiddling with voltage levels and it did not help. trapezoid waveform is the ring type and 20 is the frequency - for those who know this detail.

since nothing has helped, i started thinking about upgrading firmware to 5.1.6.

question is can I use 5.1.6?

this is my hardware...

Product Name:PAP2-NASerial Number:FH9010018008
Software Version:3.1.22(LS)Hardware Version:0.03.4
MAC Address:0012180101B9Client Certificate:Installed
Customization:Open

Hi smal_0009,

Yes, you should certainly upgrade to 5.1.6. Your hardware should not have any difficulty with 5.1.6.

Firmware is available from here in case you've not found this:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2184

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

I have the linksys pap2t and want to make sure I have the last best firmware. 

How do I download? I know its end of life but do I need to upgrade if I just use for home analog phones?

please advise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: