Replies

LMS 3.1 very slow

rriquier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm installing LMS 3.1.

LMS is integrated with ACS server.

It seems to work correctly but every page are very slow to be printed. When i log on the lms web page, i need to wait 45 seconds or 1 minute before the portal opens.

When i try on the lms server, it is also very slow.

CPU of the server isn't busy at all.

And client running LMS web page are running correctly.

The license i'm using is for 1500 devices but actually i have to manage only 60 devices.

Does anyone has an idea concerning this issue

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely a DNS issue. Add an entry for the ACS server to the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on the LMS server, and this issue should go away.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely a DNS issue. Add an entry for the ACS server to the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on the LMS server, and this issue should go away.

hello jclarke,

I configured ACS integration with ip address of ACS, so i didn't about a dns issue. After configuring an entry in the host file of LMS, the interface is now very reactive.

The problem is solved.

Perhaps ACS server use dns name for the configuration of acs integration althought i use ip address in the configuration.

thanks a lot.

This is a bug (CSCsy37858), and will be fixed in LMS 3.2.

Just for further explanation - why would loading pages after initial login / authentication be slowed down due to a missing ACS hostfile entry?

This would imply that subsequent pages keep checking auth against the ACS server? I guess that's possible, but sounds odd.

The problem is only with Windows, and has to do with how Windows resolves IP addresses to hostnames. When the IP cannot be resolved locally or in DNS/WINS, Windows will send directed NetBIOS queries to the device to try and get a response. If the device (the ACS server in this case) does not reply, each resolution request can take up to 4 seconds. This really starts to add up.

The workaround is to add an entry for the ACS server to avoid this long resolution process. As I said, this is a bug in LMS, and will be fixed in 3.2.

HI joseph

I am facing the exact same issue

LMS 3.1 is very slow, and it is integrated with ACS as well

I tried your recommendation in adding the Name/IP of the ACS in the host file on the LMS server, but it did not help

do you think this same bug (CSCsy37858) exist as well on Non-Vmware Servers?

As in the Bug description, it states: "Ciscoworks LMS 3.0 and later slow when ACS integration is enabled on VMWare", but in my case the LMS is installed on  physical server (no VM images)

Regards

Georges

Start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: