cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OOS b-channel

On my syslog I notice this kind of error on E1 b-channel:

%CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER 3-BChannelOOS

I also notice that:

- I have an OOS b-channel from Real Time Monitoring Tool.

- if I disconnect the E1 cable from the router and then I connect the cable, the b-channel becomes idle

Reading the Cisco documentation it is recommended to contact the TAC.

Meanwhile anyone could help me?

Thanks

dna

1 Reply 1

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

The explanation for your syslog message is " The B-channel indicated by this alarm has gone out of service. Some of the more common reasons for a B-channel to go out of service include: Taking the channel out of service intentionally to perform maintenance on either the near- or far-end; MGCP gateway returns an error code 501 or 510 for a MGCP command sent from Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM); MGCP gateway doesn't respond to an MGCP command sent by Unified CM three times; a speed and duplex mismatch exists on the Ethernet port between Unified CM and the MGCP gateway"

Recommended action:

Check the Unified CM advanced service parameter, Change B-channel Maintenance Status to determine if the B-channel has been taken out of service intentionally; Check the Q.931 trace for PRI SERVICE message to determine whether a PSTN provider has taken the B-channel out of service; Reset the MGCP gateway; Check the speed and duplex settings on the Ethernet port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: