cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC access to voicemail Unified messaging version 5

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a unified messaging system, verion 5 fully integrated with exchange, callmanager version 6.1 and presence 6, when i try to integrate the CUPC client to retrieve messages from voicemail it says unable to connect to server, i notice the port 143 for IMAP, can anybody confirm this should work, do i have to configure anything on the unity / exchange side of things, i have integrated the solution with unity connection and this works fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You have to enable IMAP on Exchange.

On Exchange 2003, the default port is 143 (IMAP). By default the service is disabled.

On Exchange 2007, the default port is 993 (IMAP over SSL). By default the service is disabled.

You also need to configure the Active Directory credential on CUPC > File > Preference > Account > Voicemail.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You have to enable IMAP on Exchange.

On Exchange 2003, the default port is 143 (IMAP). By default the service is disabled.

On Exchange 2007, the default port is 993 (IMAP over SSL). By default the service is disabled.

You also need to configure the Active Directory credential on CUPC > File > Preference > Account > Voicemail.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi michael

I have exchange 2003 do i have to enable imap on the unity server and exchange server ? is this easy to do?

DW

You enable IMAP on the Exchange server. Just go to Windows services. Change the startup type from "disabled" to "automatic" for "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4" service.

Michael

Same scenario here. Client has a front-end Exchange server, but it's not running the client role to support IMAP. However, the backend server is enabled for IMAP. CUPC won't authenticate. Is this workable without IMAP enabled on the primary?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: