cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transformation Patterns?

lordshawn
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone give me examples where you would use these? The docs arent really helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thats awesome! 5 points for you. I had the problem a few weeks. A carrier was rejecting the call because the caller ID we were sending out was not a valid DID authorized, which was dumb so it rejected the call. I had to mask the call at the gateway level, which i knew about this, I could have done it this level.

cool!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

The parameters in the Calling Party Transformation Patterns window provide appropriate caller information using the Calling Party Transformation calling search space on the destination device. Be aware that calls through transformation patterns are not routable. When this pattern is matched, the call does not route to any device.

Calling Party Transformation Pattern Configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03trpat.html

Thanks but I already have the DOC. Can you give me a real world example of this in practice?

Thanks,

The link already contains under Related Topics the explanation of calling party normalization which is the purpose of this

Calling Party Normalization

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html#wpxref25292

several examples are there

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is the first time I've seen it, but it appears to allow you to specify Calling Party transformation at the Route List level. Previously, these transformation could only be applied at the Route Pattern level or the gateway level. The problem with modifications at the Route Pattern level is that there may be (and should be) multiple gateways configured for that Route Pattern (for redundancy) and each gateway may need different Calling Party transformations; Some providers will reject calls if the CLID is not a DID associated with the transport trunk. Of course, the same thing could be done with translation profiles on the gateway, at least with Cisco IOS based gateways, but this provides a centralized method of handling these.

For example, my primary gateway has a trunk with associated DID of 952-555-2000 through 952-555-2099. My backup gateway has a trunk with DID in the range of 651-555-8000 through 651-555-8099. My extension is 2020 and my external mask is 952-555-XXXX. Therefore, normally, my outbound calls go out my primary gateway with a CLID or 952-555-2020. Say, however, that my primary T-1 goes down. The Route Pattern doesn't know that and still routes outbound calls to the Route List. The Route List gets a 'call rejested' message from the primary Route Group and so sends the call to the backup Route Group. However, it sends it with the 952-555-2020. My provider will reject the call if I try to send that CLID over that trunk. However, I have a Calling Party Translation Pattern on that Route Group that translates that Calling Number to 651-555-8000, so the call can go through.

Thanks Charles. I actually understand that bit all together. Its just when I go to Call Routing > Transformation patterns. How am I matching those patterns? And how do they pertain to the Transformation CSS located on the Device?

Thats awesome! 5 points for you. I had the problem a few weeks. A carrier was rejecting the call because the caller ID we were sending out was not a valid DID authorized, which was dumb so it rejected the call. I had to mask the call at the gateway level, which i knew about this, I could have done it this level.

cool!