RME -- Partially Successful

Unanswered Question
May 5th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi

I have a problem with Archive Managment, this message appears:

Execution Result:

STARTUP

CM0057 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for gw01 Cause: CM0005: Archive does not exist for gw01 Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

RUNNING

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for gw01 Cause: CM0005: Archive does not exist for gw01 Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

Config fetch protocol order:SSH:TELNET:RCP:SCP:TFTP and I have priviledge level 15 to access on device.

Can you help me, please?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 05/05/2009 - 10:38
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

This points to archive corruption for this device. Try removing the device from RME, then re-add it. The config should then be archived successfully.

veronica.g Tue, 05/05/2009 - 17:15
User Badges:

Hi

I removed the device from RME then re-added it but the problem message didn't disappear.

Collection Status (Inventory and ConfigArchive) are success. When I want to run the utility "Sync Archive" fail status appears on page "Archive Mgmt Jobs", this is the message:

Job Execution Partially Successful for device(s)

*** Device Details for gw01***

Protocol ==> SSH

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,Telnet,RCP,SCP,TFTP

Execution Result:

RUNNING

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for gw01 Cause: CM0005: Archive does not exist for gw01 Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

Directory is empty (CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma), however, Shadow directory is enabled.

- I have priviledge level 15

- Credentials device on DCR are correct

I add a log file "dcmaservice.log"

Thank you.

Attachment: 
Joe Clarke Tue, 05/05/2009 - 17:32
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

This points to a problem with regdaemon.xml. Please post your NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml file.

veronica.g Thu, 05/07/2009 - 06:36
User Badges:

Hi

I don't know how I can fix this fail because RME Collection Status are successfully collected (Inventory and Config Archive) but Configuration Never Collected.

I have to archive device configuration for 1,200 devices.

I add regdaemon file again.

See you soon,

Attachment: 
Joe Clarke Thu, 05/07/2009 - 09:27
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

When you say that the dcma directory is empty, do you mean that C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma is empty (i.e. there are NO subdirectories)? If so, create the following subdirectories, and grant casuser full control to each:

devfiles

userfiles

newbaselinetemplates

difffiles

shadow

Then, restart Daemon Manager. See if you can archive configs again.

veronica.g Thu, 05/07/2009 - 09:49
User Badges:

Yeahhhhhhh

Config is successfully collected

thanks you

Actions

This Discussion