Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco switch & cajun p333t switch

engmohamad1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i have cisco catalyst2960-24TC-L connect to old switch cajun p333t, and the cajun connect to DHCP . the problem never any computer take IP address from cisco , and when see the log on cisco switch appear

SPANTREE blocking Fastethernet 0/24 that on VLAN0001. Inconsistent port type .

can any one help me please ??

thanks

4 Replies 4

jtalbaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure you have given enough information here. Might help if you include the exact log messages from both devices and the configs for the connected interfaces.

Concerning the SPANTREE ERROR:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE_:_Blocking_(chars)_on_(chars)._Inconsistent_port_type_message

Where does fa0/24 connect to?

Is this the connection to the p333t switch?

If so is this the only connection to the p333t switch from your 2960?

Are your trunk modes set correctly between the devices? i.e. both devices are set to trunk the connected interfaces and utilize 802.1Q encapsulation.

Also ensure your speed/duplex options match up correctly between the two devices.

Concerning IP addressing:

If not related to above, did you set a default gateway?

At first thank you for reply.

the fa0/24 only from 2960 connecting to p333t switch using cat6 cable (cross cable)

no trunk between the p333t and 2960 , I'm put switch 2960 to work 0n default configuration , and i don't use trunk .

the speed/duplex on 2960 default , but the p333t also . now will send to you the log when i'm plug and unplug the cable from 2960 switch that be connected to p333t .

i don't like work trunk between tow switchs

only L2(access switch ) switch .

can i solve this problems if use this command ???

switch(config)#int fa0/24

> switch(config-if)#spanning-tree portfast

or

no spanning-tree vlan vlan1

the log below appear on 2960 switch

000031: *Mar 1 00:14:34: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/24, changed st

ate to up

000032: *Mar 1 00:14:35: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEt

hernet0/24, changed state to up

000033: *Mar 1 00:14:45: %SPANTREE-7-RECV_1Q_NON_TRUNK: Received 802.1Q BPDU on

non trunk FastEthernet0/24 VLAN1.

000034: *Mar 1 00:14:45: %SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE: Blocking FastEthernet0/24

on VLAN0001. Inconsistent port type.

I wouldn't enable portfast between two switches. Only use on ports that connect to end stations.

no spanning-tree vlan vlan1: This would disable STP for vlan1 on this switch. We use this for our remote sites that only utilize 1-2 switches and STP is unnecessary. This could work from the information provided.

My other suggestion, if you are dealing with a single vlan, is to configure fa0/24 as an access port.

You are receiving 802.1Q BPDU's on that interface. I guess I could be wrong but this indicates to me that the port on the p333t is in a trunking state.

HTH

Hello .

i'm trying to do the no spanning-tree vlan vlan1 , and this suggestion is a good and all computer behind the cisco 2960 take ip addresss ,

but i want to know why 2960 block the port connecting to p333t , and only one port connecting to p333t , i don't know the problem ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card