cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 single digit extension for Operator?

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to setup a voicemail box for our switchboard operator whose IP Phone is extension 0. However in Ciso Unity (verion 4.0(4)SR1) I get the error There must be at least 3 digits in the extension when I try to put 0 for the extension. Is there any way to reconfigure Unity to let me use single digit extensions? I tried alternate extensions for 0 but I don't get message notification lights to work.

1 Reply 1

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may sometimes need to allow 1 or 2 digit extensions for subcribers/handlers. Typically 3 is the minimum for performance and network numbering conflict reasons. It is not a good idea to have fewer than 3 digits in your extensions but if a rare case comes up where it is necessary, you can adjust it in the Windows registry. You can also change the minimum to greater than 3 if you wish to make sure admins follow a 4 or 5 digit numbering plan for instance.

You can set the minimum extension length required for subcribers/handlers in the Windows registry.

HKLM\ SOFTWARE\ Active Voice\ Doh\1.00\

DWORD: Minimum Handler AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID length

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: