Views
Helpful
Replies

More then one Sip-Provider

SEYTECH2852
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I must connect to more then one sip provider but if i add a secound authentification i get follwing answer:

UC520(config-sip-ua)#authentication username 1501225 password abcde

Only one username per device supported

Please unconfigure previous authentication information

How can i connect to a secound sip provider?

Peter

3 Replies 3

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

There can only be one set of authentication credentials on UC520 - so if you want to use more than one SIP provider, the current limitation is to use the same set of authentication or have one SP not use authentication.

Hello!

Thanks for you answer? Why can the uc500 one use one authentification? Is it not a litte bit stupid? Every telephon system i have in my portfolio that supports sip i can define more then one connection!

Peter

Not sure if I would call that stupid :) - from past experience, there are few installs where customers need more than one SIP Trunk provider - most installs today still use traditional PSTN trunks (Analog lines, PRI, BRI etc) and we see SIP trunking to one SP picking up.

Having said that, we do support multiple providers as long the authentication is the same for both SPs or not required for the SP. We are looking at allowing authentication for multiple providers in the near future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: