Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame Relay & Leased Line Routing

mon_samonte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Experts,

Based on my attachement, I need your advise on how to route packets from Frame Relay users to Leased Line users with different Gateway. If I will be using the 192.168.0.102 gateway, I can access the 192.168.4.0 network but not the 192.168.2.0 network. But if I use the 192.168.0.41 gateway, I can access the 192.168.2.0 network but not 192.168.4.0 network. What will be the solution for this problem. Is it routing only or need to add another NIC for the other gateway. Hope you could help me regarding this matter.

Regards,

Raymond

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need routing and EIGRP should be the easiest protocol to configure for a novice user (provided all routers are Cisco).

The following commands are all you need on each router:

router eigrp 1

network 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255

network 172.0.0.0 0.31.255.255

no auto-summary

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi Sir Edison,

Thanks for your reply. All the routers are Cisco 1750. I just want to know where (router) exactly will I input the EIGRP routes. I will try that solution & is there any other option for this problem? I want to use static route.

Thanks again!!!

regards,

Raymond

Raymond,

Go into config mode, example:

config terminal [enter]

Then copy and paste the commands exactly as I entered in my previous post.

Exit from the config mode by typing end, then type write mem and hit enter.

Give it a minute or so and you should be able to ping all around the 4 subnets.

Static route can be used but dynamic routing will make the process a lot simpler for a novice.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card