Helpful
Replies

CPU utilization and Archive configs

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

Two concerns that i had are:

1. Is it possible for Ciscoworks to report not only high CPU utilization but also the process that caused high cpu utilization as a enail notification?

2. My Sync archive job always passes but when i check the directory C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma where the archived files reside, i see that only 10 devices are backed up when the Sync archive job says succesful. Is there any other place to look for the archive configs of all the devices?

Thanks a lot

Gautam

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. No, this is not possible. DFM only polls for the overall CPU, and does not poll individual process CPU times.

2. Assuming this is your archive directory, then all of the configs will reside in this directory. Exactly what subdirectory are you looking? What version of RME do you have?

Dear jclarke,

Thanks a lot for the info.

The RME version is 4.1.0.

I see two sub-directories Primary and vlan but i see only 4-5 devices under each of them, thats why i said that the device count is just about 10 though the number of devices are 50+.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

The configs for human consumption are found under the shadow subdirectory. They are first indexed by device type, then by device name. These are the only files which should be accessed directly. The configs under devfiles provide the data for the UI. Do you see your devices' configs under the shadow subdirectory?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: