Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot record voicemail greetings/messages from one VLAN

Dave Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Apologies if this has been posted before, I did try searching first and didn't see anything.

Scenario: 2821 with CUE 3.2.1 linked to CUCM 6.

Voice vlan (1151): 10.125.151.0/24

Data vlan (151): 10.25.151.0/24

CUE IP: 10.125.151.2

2821 vlan 1151: 10.125.151.11

2821 vlan 151: 10.25.151.11

Problem: Cannot record voicemail personal greeting from the voice vlan (using the phone). I have other phones at other sites linked to this gateway which can record personal greetings. Equally, IP Communicator operating on the data vlan can record greetings okay.

The symptoms are that you login to your voicemail box, press 4,1,1 to record a new greeting. I receive the message 'you may record your greeting and press #' but when I do that it plays me back the standard 'your standard greeting is sorry, extension blah blah is not available...'.

I have also noticed that if I ring another phone internally at the same site it will not let me record a voicemail message. So if phoneA rings phoneB and phoneB doesn't answer, when you try and record a message it keeps saying 'record a message that is at least two seconds long'.

So, to summarise, I cannot record a personal greeting from the voice vlan but using the same mailbox from the data vlan works okay.

Seems to point to one-way audio on the voice vlan to the cue? Two-way audio between phones is fine, only voicemail that is the problem.

Any ideas much appreciated. Please note that I have limited access to the CUCM as it is operated by a different team in another country but I can make changes to the 2821/cue.

Thanks,

Dave

4 Replies 4

Dave Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

This problem is now solved. If anyone else comes across this post while searching for a similar problem then this is how we fixed it.

Enabled proxy-arp on gateway's voice vlan sub-interface.

Problem was noticed while running a packet capture - no arp reply received by the phone from the cue.

Thanks,

Dave

was proxy arp disabled before? this should be on by default...

Dear Dave,

Thanks you sooooo much !

I met a issue same as yours, and now I fixed it.  thank you again !

Jinming Liu 2011-8-3

Dear Dave,

Thanks you sooooo much !

I met a issue same as yours, and now I fixed it. 

Thank you again !

Bruno Guedes 17/10/2016

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: