Permission denied when viewing device discovery job.

Answered Question
May 6th, 2009

Hello,

When I try to view the job details of the scheduled device discovery job, the error message:

You don't have permission to details this job.

Pops up (see attachment).

Does anyone have an idea why?

My user account has the 'Super Admin' rights in ACS.

Please help....

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Martin Ermel about 7 years 6 months ago

Superman is a fiction and so is SuperAdmin ;-)

You are not the creator of the job and thus the details are not visible for you -this is private data to the job owner. It works as designed - meaning the design does not work - ah I mean not work as expected (at least by most SuperAdmins)

Assuming theses are scheduled jobs go to CS > Device and Credentials > Device Discovery > Discovery Schedule

and be astonished that you do not see the job owner...

click on the little string "here" at the bottom of the tabel to be forwarded to

CS > Server > Admin > Job Browser ( for sure you can go directly to this location...)

and see who owns the job...

I wonder how you have 2 Discovery Jobs (3087 and 2982) successfully finished with the same timestamp? Do they start at the same time as well? That would not be good.

Being SuperAdmin you have the right to delete the job but not to verify what you delete before doing so...

You just scratched the surface - take a look at this thread to get some clue:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2c846

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 05/06/2009 - 08:39

It doesn't matter what role your user has. Were you the user that created this job?

Correct Answer
Martin Ermel Wed, 05/06/2009 - 08:50

Superman is a fiction and so is SuperAdmin ;-)

You are not the creator of the job and thus the details are not visible for you -this is private data to the job owner. It works as designed - meaning the design does not work - ah I mean not work as expected (at least by most SuperAdmins)

Assuming theses are scheduled jobs go to CS > Device and Credentials > Device Discovery > Discovery Schedule

and be astonished that you do not see the job owner...

click on the little string "here" at the bottom of the tabel to be forwarded to

CS > Server > Admin > Job Browser ( for sure you can go directly to this location...)

and see who owns the job...

I wonder how you have 2 Discovery Jobs (3087 and 2982) successfully finished with the same timestamp? Do they start at the same time as well? That would not be good.

Being SuperAdmin you have the right to delete the job but not to verify what you delete before doing so...

You just scratched the surface - take a look at this thread to get some clue:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2c846

orsonjoon Thu, 05/07/2009 - 01:13

Wow, you hit it just right on.... it appears that those jobs (accidentally the same) were created pre-acs integration. Conclusion, at this time it's impossible to modify the jobs.

There is no other way then to turn ACS off login as the user who created the job delete the jobs tor ACS back on and create them again....

I thought it was another bug again, but this is just a design ehh... something. I still have hope :))

Actions

This Discussion