cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DH-CHAP support in MDS 9xxx

johughes99
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have different passwords for each of the devices connected into a Switch Fabric? In particular could one have separate and distinct passwords for each of the HBAs connected to a MDS 9000 Switch?

John

3 Replies 3

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

I assume you mean for the FCSP protocol? If so, then yes. I have not done it with HBA's, but I have done it with different switches. I had to give each MDS it's own username and password in the MDS configuration. For using FCSP between the switches, the username is the switch WWN.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Mike,

yes I meant FCSP - whilst using DH-CHAP. What we want to do is have a number of HBAs connecting to a switch - but for a set of HBAs to have one password - and another set of HBAs to have a nnumber password. Hence we require the switch to be able to be configured with a password per port/interface.

John

Make sense, what I suspect you will need to do is configure each HBA PWWN as a device name along with the desired password for that HBA. As I noted, I have not done this with an HBA so I'm not 100% sure what to configure for the device name. The HBA documentation should explain how to configure the device name and password.

This is what I had to configure for my 9216 to do FCSP with a 9509.

fcsp enable

fcsp dhchap password 7 upt92161

fcsp dhchap password 7 upt92161 20:00:00:05:30:00:51:1e

fcsp dhchap devicename 20:00:00:05:30:00:51:1e password 7 upt95091

Also have to enable FCSP on the interface.

The device name in this existing

I used the term username previously, when in fact it should be deviceame.

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: