Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect CUVA to Cisco IP phone

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got a broken connection red line indicating that the cisco Video advantage is unable to connect to the IP phone

Here are the information

I tryed with cisco IP phones 7911G/65/75 but I got the same result.

- Video capability is enabled on all the Phones

- Pc Port

- CDP

I'm working with CCM 6.1, CUVA 2.1.2 and CDP 2.1(0.6)

Phone loads are :

7911 : SCCP11.8-3-4SR1S

7965 : SCCP45.8-3-4SR1S

7975 :SCCP75.8-3-4SR1S

- There is no Pc firewall on the PC.

- CUVA works well with IP communicator.

any help, suggestions , please.

11 Replies 11

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi friend, in CCM->Systm->region page configuration, do you have at least 128 to 384 kbps of video call bandwidth available for use?

Do you see a Video icon in the lower right hand corner of your IP phone?

Check this good VTA troubleshoot notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080232626.shtml#topic2

All the best

David

Hi

Yes for all your questions.

I verified the troubleshooting notes also

best regards,

Did install both the Driver and Setup Files or just one Setup files . you need to do both , one is requiring restart and another one doesn't

Hi,

Driver for what exactly ?

bes tregards,

There are two Files for the CUVA to be identified correctly , The Setup.exe file and the Driver.exe files all from the CCO

Can you check

Still not working even with the 2 file sinstalled.

best regards,

I have the same problem, have loaded both the files but dont see the video icon

Did you restart the phone? Phone needs load new cnf xml file from TFTP after changing in CUCM.

I had same problem with IP communicator behind firewall - video capabilities enabled on phone in CUCM, but no video icon on display. TFTP from IP communicator's PC on UDP 69 to CUCM was allowed, but nothing change... TFTP inspect on firewall solved my problem, because RRQ TFTP choose port dynamicaly from UDP 1024 - 65535

Thanks for the info. Solved the problem, silly thing that the command to enable Video Capability need to be spelt exactly it is a key word but doesnt come up when you use the tab key.like this

service phone videoCapability 1

Where did you enter the command?

Hi, you apply this command under telephone-service configuration when configuring a Callmanager Express.

Best regards

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: