Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching Equipment Congestion

I have a problem that myself and the Telco company are unable to resolve.

I'm having problems with a new Internal IP voice connection across our international WAN supported by an external telco provider.

We have a gatekeeper at the central site which talks IP to the local PE routers at the local sites (Multiple VRF MPLS Network). This then talks Q931 via a back to back ISDN link between the PE and a local site Voice gateway that is then linked via MGCP to call Manager.

We are unable to make calls across the q931 link as they keep dropping with a cause code of 0x82AA. We have debug this but cannot work out where in the chain this is failing and there doesn't seem to be any useful information on this cause code that helps point us in the right direction.

ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8006

Cause i = 0x82AA - Switching equipment congestion

Can someone help shed some light into some area's that could generate this message. Would it be the q931 back to back connection, the upstream IP connectivity to gatekeeper that sends this message back.

A debug of h225 ASN1 on the PE router just shows gatekeeper registrations and not the call.

Thanks

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The error message indicates the destination cannot be reached because the network switching equipment is temporarily overloaded. This cause indicates that the switching equipment generating this cause is experiencing a period of high traffic.

Please send the output of the following commands:

show version

show diag

show run

show controllers t1

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The error message indicates the destination cannot be reached because the network switching equipment is temporarily overloaded. This cause indicates that the switching equipment generating this cause is experiencing a period of high traffic.

Please send the output of the following commands:

show version

show diag

show run

show controllers t1

pieterddejong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a similar issue on Bri's once. Upgraded the IOS and magically issue resolved itself....

Try this as last resort perhaps.

Cheers

Pieter

Guys,

Sorry for the delay I have been on Holiday for a week.

I'm working on the issues on Monday so will try the IOS and post the results.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: