cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1700s with Multiple Networks

JonGauntt
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a mixed network with a lot of 1700 Series (1700, 1720 & 1721) along with 1841, 1861 & 2800 Series Routers at remote sites that all connect in to our central 3845 Router. We have had to expand our amount of routed networks recently due to expansion and a disaster recovery site.

At first everything was working fine, but recently we have had trouble with some of the older 1700 routers not connecting back correctly after they shut down, especially after a storm. Ping traffic still works, but higher level functions like RDP and MAPI do not.

At first I thought I was having trouble as I was seeing multiple crypto sessions for these on the host router. With the latest one I had this morning, I was able to finally clear all of them out while I had the remote router interface shut down and then bring it back up. Everything looked clean on the crypto session entries, but it still would not allow anything more than ping traffic.

The only fix I have found is to remove the access-lists for all but the primary network and then these routers will come back up. After they have been up for a while I can add the other access-lists back in and everything is back to normal.

Has anyone seen this type of characteristic and have a resolution? I'll post some of my configs and what I have seen shortly.

Thanks,

Jon Gauntt

1 Reply 1

JonGauntt
Level 1
Level 1

I am including the following files:

1-Crypto Session

This was taken while the remote router was up and having the problem.

2-Access-List

Here is the full blown access-list for the remote side. When I remove all but the [Host LAN-One] the remote site is back to functional on RDP and MAPI traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card