Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4th server to CM group

Don't have more than 3 server in my cluster but I wonder what happen when you try to add 4th server to CM group.

Any error message pop up?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris,

Very nice example of how to set up CCM Groups! +5 points my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Konrad, if you try to add a 4th CCM to a Group that already exists with 3 members, an error box will pop up preventing this action :)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

There should be no problems. Just add the server to the Pub as a node before you install and have the security password ready. Also confirm that your licensing on the pub allows for that additional node.

Please rate if this helped.

Edit: I didn't read the entire problem. You can only have 3 servers in a CM group. I thought you were asking in a cluster.

that is not correct:

A Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group specifies a prioritized list of up to three Cisco Unified Communications Managers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b02cmgrp.html

I'm not sure if you receive a pop-up or if simply the add arrow greys out, but for sure you cannot add a 4th member

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If you have more than 3 call processing servers you simply structure your groups to provide redundancy/load balances accordingly. I have one 10 node cluster with 8 call processing servers (8 is max) where I did 4 groups as following:

Group1:

Sub1, Sub2, Sub4

Group 2:

Sub3, Sub4, Sub2

Group3:

Sub5, Sub6, Sub8

Group4:

Sub7, Sub8, Sub6

This way you accomplish 1:1 redundancy where the even CMs are backups, and they are also secondary backups to other groups.

HTH,

Chris

Could you try to add 4th server to new Group5? I wonder what happen.

Thanks for nice redundancy example.

Not sure what you mean, I have 8 servers wich is the max distributed between 4 groups. You can create more groups if you want your deisgn to be different, but you can only have 3 CMs in a single group, CM will not let you add more.

HTH, Please rate all posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Very nice example of how to set up CCM Groups! +5 points my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Konrad, if you try to add a 4th CCM to a Group that already exists with 3 members, an error box will pop up preventing this action :)

Thx Rob for information.

It will prevent it, it will not let you save and and give you the following error message:

" Update failed. A Cisco CallManager Group may not contain more than 3 Cisco CallManagers"

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: