Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4th server to CM group

Don't have more than 3 server in my cluster but I wonder what happen when you try to add 4th server to CM group.

Any error message pop up?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris,

Very nice example of how to set up CCM Groups! +5 points my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Konrad, if you try to add a 4th CCM to a Group that already exists with 3 members, an error box will pop up preventing this action :)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

There should be no problems. Just add the server to the Pub as a node before you install and have the security password ready. Also confirm that your licensing on the pub allows for that additional node.

Please rate if this helped.

Edit: I didn't read the entire problem. You can only have 3 servers in a CM group. I thought you were asking in a cluster.

that is not correct:

A Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group specifies a prioritized list of up to three Cisco Unified Communications Managers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b02cmgrp.html

I'm not sure if you receive a pop-up or if simply the add arrow greys out, but for sure you cannot add a 4th member

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If you have more than 3 call processing servers you simply structure your groups to provide redundancy/load balances accordingly. I have one 10 node cluster with 8 call processing servers (8 is max) where I did 4 groups as following:

Group1:

Sub1, Sub2, Sub4

Group 2:

Sub3, Sub4, Sub2

Group3:

Sub5, Sub6, Sub8

Group4:

Sub7, Sub8, Sub6

This way you accomplish 1:1 redundancy where the even CMs are backups, and they are also secondary backups to other groups.

HTH,

Chris

Could you try to add 4th server to new Group5? I wonder what happen.

Thanks for nice redundancy example.

Not sure what you mean, I have 8 servers wich is the max distributed between 4 groups. You can create more groups if you want your deisgn to be different, but you can only have 3 CMs in a single group, CM will not let you add more.

HTH, Please rate all posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Very nice example of how to set up CCM Groups! +5 points my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Konrad, if you try to add a 4th CCM to a Group that already exists with 3 members, an error box will pop up preventing this action :)

Thx Rob for information.

It will prevent it, it will not let you save and and give you the following error message:

" Update failed. A Cisco CallManager Group may not contain more than 3 Cisco CallManagers"

HTH,

Chris