Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR in CallManager version 5.1.3

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a CallManager version 5.1.3 and a one billing server and I would like know as I do to see the CDR? I need open the CDR to know if all call originated are be send CDR to billing server.

Thanks,

Wilson

9 Replies 9

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Could you be more specific on your question? What does mean "to see the CDR"?

By default, CDR Repository Manager will send CDR flat files to billing server every minute. Bill server will have their own software to read CDR flat files and generate customized reports.

If you don't have a billing server/billing software, you may use the built-in function on CUCM, called CAR reports.

Is that what you're asking for?

Michae

Hi Michae,

Ok, My Customer have a server billing that is another vendor. Is occuring the following problems: Any calls are be generated in billing server and another no. The Customer is suspecting that the problem is the CallManager, but, I need know if the callmanager is generating wright the CDR, Ok? In CCM version 4.x there are folder specific when we see the CDR. That need know is exactly this? If CDR is ok, and as i do to see the CDR.

Thanks,

Wilson

To see the CDR files on CUCM, you may go to the command line and run the commands below:

file list activelog cm/cdr_repository/preserve

file list activelog cm/cdr_repository/preserve/20090506

To see the files that has been transferred to billing server, you may use the commands below:

file list activelog cm/cdr_repository/destination1

file list activelog cm/cdr_repository/destination1/20090506

Please note the time are GMT time.

If you're suspecting call are not being written to CDR file, you'll need detailed "Cisco CallManager" logs with CDR option checked.

Hope this helps!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

I am sorry, but, it is not clear your explanation. For example, if my Customer do 100 calls of different directory number as I can know if a one call is for example of directory number 1001. I did the procedure suggest for you, but, appear many directory.

Thanks,

Wilson

So what do you want to know about those 100 calls?

Hi,

For example: My Customer have directory number 1000 until 1999, ok. As I can see the call originated the directory number for example 1837?

Thanks,

Wilson

Sorry. But I still don't understand what you want to do.

If the directory number is 1000 until 1999, of course you would see 1837. So what's the problem here?

If you think it's difficult to explain by typing, you may also open a TAC case and talk on the phone. :)

Michael

Ok,

That I need know is: It's possible the CallManager don't send CDR of any directory numbers specific? Or It send CDR all directory number? Because the our vendor (Billing Server) inform that the CCM not is send CDR of all Directory Number.

Thanks,

Wilson

Ok. If I understood it right, here's the problem:

Your billing server vendor said CUCM didn't send over all the call records.

If that's the case, here's the troubleshooting procedure:

1) Ask the vendor which call was missing from the records. We need to know the calling number (caller), the dialed number, and the date/time of the call.

2) Based on the information above, we can determine which CUCM server the phone was registered with.

3) Get the "Cisco CallManager" logs from that server. If CDR tracing was enabled before, you should be able to find out the CDR file name that contains the record.

4) On the billing server, search for that file name. If it's not on the billing server, search it on CUCM server (with the commands I mentioned in previous post).

Thanks!

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: