Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Snooping

michael.burger2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am interested in implementing DHCP snooping on a piece of my network. When I configure DHCP snooping on this piece of the network I am understand that snooping will also be configured on the CORE and all devices leading back to the DHCP servers. Will configuring snooping on these devices affect DHCP operation with the remaining non configured network users? Also, on the devices in the path will I only have to configure ip dhcp snooping globally and then place the switch and DHCP server links at trusted? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

Michael,

This link should help:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/How_to_configure_DHCP_snooping_in_Cisco_Catalyst_switches_running_Cisco_IOS_System_Software

You can also go to the configuration guide for your particular model of switch.

Thank you, I went ahead and tested this out. The configuration guide only shows scenarios of a local DHCP server connected to the access switch. I was trying to ensure that DHCP snooping did not have to be configured throughout the network infrastructure. I verified today that DHCP snooping only needs to be applied to the access switch and the L3 switch.

Thanks again.