cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection new message management

nordendale
Level 4
Level 4

I just upgraded a customer from Unity 4.0.5 to Unity Connection 7.0.

They have several group boxes where multiple people might check on a VM and they are running into an issue that was not an issue on Unity: When a user is logged into a Connection group VM box and listening to a message the MWI stays on while they are listening to it. On Unity the light went off. This has caused several users to log into the box simultaneously. Also, Connection will play message 1 to both users instead of sending the second call to the next message. In Unity I believe that the second call was passed to the message not being listened to.

Is there a way to change these settings in Unity Connection? I looked at the advanced settings but didn't see anything.

The user "Play back message settings" 'While Playing Each Message - When a Call Is Disconnected or the User Hangs Up

Mark Message New or save message'

option does not affect this behavior.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

sholter
Level 4
Level 4

Have you considered using the Dispatch Message feature? That might fit the bill better than using a shared mailbox.

That looks like a great option in terms of functionality however there is a downside: Users would need to be added and deleted from the distribution list. This is a hospital and there are a lot of group boxes. Any other ideas?

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

Any updates on this issue?  I am also in a hospital environment and dealing with the same issue.   Unity Connection 7.1.5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: