I'm a VoIP noob and need help with a BARS upgrade. To resolve a known problem (Bug #CSCsi32637) we need to upgrade BARS from 4.0.12 to 4.0.13. This is per TAC. However, no one in our company has done this before. I've reviewed the 4.0.12 Admin Guide since I was unable to find any admin docs for 4.0.13. However, I have several questions about this upgrade that hopefully someone here can help with:
1) The install for 4.0.12 requires a reboot of the server. Is this the same for 4.0.13?
2) CCM version is 4.1(3)sr6; any problems known with BARS 4.0.13 and this version of CCM? I didn't see
anything in the Rel Notes or via the Bug Toolkit (figure it never hurts to ask).
3) Will the previously input configuration settings (i.e., Data Source Servers, Storage Location, Schedule) be preserved or will I have to reinput these settings?
4) Any known issues with performing this upgrade while controlling the server via VNC?
5) The 4.0.12 docs state that "To successfully back up the Cisco Unified CallManager database, the backup server and backup targets must exist in the same cluster and have the same version of BARS installed". So BARS must be installed on my publisher (the Backup Server) AND my three subscribers? I'm not finding BARS on these subscribers now.
Many Thanks for any input,
1) Yes, any version requires reboot after install
2) not that i'm aware of
4) you'll need to reconfigure it
6) although it's recommended there is no real need to backup any other server than the PUB which contains the master DB, any SUB only needs to pull the info from PUB in case of crash and reinstall
if this helps, please rate