cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP ACS Group

BruceD.Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing some testing with a VoIP phone that is vpn connecting to a ASA that referencs a local ACS username. I've enabled the Voice-over-IP (VoIP) group and put this user into that group. I'm not able to find any docs on the Cisco website (or online) that describe this functionality, or explain what the restrictions are when using this specific ACS group. Can you explain how this works, the security implications and where I might find docs other than the ACS user guides which has one small section describing this? It's ACS version V4.2.

1 Reply 1

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

As I recall by putting a user into a voip group did something odd to the authentication. I think the password had to be empty, ie supplied but empty.

I think that was pretty much all there was to it.

Bear in mind this was so long ago that it pre-dated EAP - I think it probably worked with PAP only. I doubt it would even work with later versions of ACS as there's noone left at Cisco who knew anything about it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: