cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP lightweight access point connected to 4400

wleppens82
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to monitor 1250 ap's directly via snmp. Is it possible to consolidate the SNMP MIB of the 1250 ap's who are connected to 4400 controller running R 5.2.

I am wondering if it's possible to monitor access points directly (not via wcs or controller) via snmp?

Regards, Wim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

No it is not. You have to pull the snmp values from the controller. There are controller templates for Cacti network monitoring system that pull lots of info

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

No it is not. You have to pull the snmp values from the controller. There are controller templates for Cacti network monitoring system that pull lots of info

If the AP is in LWAPP mode, you cannot directly poll the AP using SNMP. You have to poll the controller to get all the information about the AP. You can download the MIBs for controller v5.2 form the URL below.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/InterfaceModuleSWT.x?mdfid=279911269&mdfLevel=Model&treeName=Wireless&modelName=Cisco%204404%20Wireless%20LAN%20Controller&treeMdfId=278875243

--

Pushkar

Hi Pushkar,

Thanks a lot for the information. It's very helpfull. I suppose you need to deploy this in cooperation with an HPoV (as an example). Do you know where i can find more information in-depth about implementing this?

Thanks, WIm

Wim,

It would be best to use Cisco WCS to manage your wireless network. It uses SNMP to talk to the controllers and gather all the information about AP's and a lot more.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6305/index.html

--

Pushkar

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Are you trying to do something like this?

see attached

Eric, i am looking for something like you told in forum.

How i can get the oid to that metrics?

This is actually possible and the APs will respond to the SNMP queries if you add the community.  You just can't write it to memory, so when the APs reload after say an upgrade, you'll lose it all.  Potentially you could have a Config Management script which runs each night and adds the snmp-server config to the APs each night, so if they have rebooted and lost the config again, they'll get it again shortly there after.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card