How to get the PCV2300 camera video script to display the video on a web page?

Answered Question
May 7th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Team,

I have a VAR willing to begin installing our PVC2300.

But they want to know if, with our IP cameras, they can do what is possible with Axis IP cameras.

The challenge is to display the camera video on a web page and they want to know how to get the camera video script for that.

Thanks for your help.

Frederic

Correct Answer by David Hornstein about 8 years 2 weeks ago

Stephanie Reaves, has posted the application programmers interface (API)  for the cameras see the following URL, check out the link below

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-6744

Correct Answer by Steven DiStefano about 8 years 2 weeks ago

Our IP Cameras have a built in web server.  So if you set an alternate TCP port on the PVC2300 and built the NAT rule for it on the router, you can get something like this to work:

http://172.18.218.234:1024/video.htm and it looks like the attachment I share as camera_web_1

(so this does carry with it the web page frames)

If they want to monitor up to 16 cameras using our free SWVMS monitoring utility, just upgrade the PVC2300 to FW version 1.0.1 (also free) and download the SWVMS16 SW in the same place you find the FW.   Did I mention its free?

It looks like this (attached camera_web_2.gif)

You can also use Apple QT, VLC Media Player, etc to view the video in HTTP or RTSP (enable RTSP on the camera and forward port 554 to the camera and  watch it from a mobile 3GPP device using rtsp:///mobile.sdp )

Hope this helps.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Steven DiStefano Thu, 05/07/2009 - 07:39
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Our IP Cameras have a built in web server.  So if you set an alternate TCP port on the PVC2300 and built the NAT rule for it on the router, you can get something like this to work:

http://172.18.218.234:1024/video.htm and it looks like the attachment I share as camera_web_1

(so this does carry with it the web page frames)

If they want to monitor up to 16 cameras using our free SWVMS monitoring utility, just upgrade the PVC2300 to FW version 1.0.1 (also free) and download the SWVMS16 SW in the same place you find the FW.   Did I mention its free?

It looks like this (attached camera_web_2.gif)

You can also use Apple QT, VLC Media Player, etc to view the video in HTTP or RTSP (enable RTSP on the camera and forward port 554 to the camera and  watch it from a mobile 3GPP device using rtsp:///mobile.sdp )

Hope this helps.

fdeckor Fri, 05/08/2009 - 05:57
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Steve,

Answer gave by Dave seems to be more close to what I'm looking for.

I will check with the customer if the 3 ulr GET methods in Dave answer match their needs.

Thanks anyway.

Frederic

fdeckor Mon, 05/11/2009 - 00:51
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Dave,

I got feedback from the VAR. You answer is what they are exactely looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Frederic

totalcontrolapp... Fri, 08/07/2009 - 02:58
User Badges:

can i apply the variables to the mjpg stream?

i.e. can i call resolution and quality remotely like in jpg?

for example this is obviously not the same model but i am trying

http://www.brazos925.mylinksyscam.com/img/video.mjpeg?size=320x240

and it still gives me a 640x480 pic.

same thing for

http://www.brazos925.mylinksyscam.com/img/snapshot.cgi?size=320x240

i am using firefox.

am i missing something?

totalcontrolapp... Fri, 08/07/2009 - 09:38
User Badges:

i applied but i don't have access to that part of the website yet.  that is why i was asking in this thread.

Steven DiStefano Fri, 08/07/2009 - 10:21
User Badges:

Hi TotalControl,

Are you a Cisco Registered Partner?   I think if you are, that should work for you.  If not, please register and then try that again.

If you are already and it doesnt work, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks,

Steve

totalcontrolapp... Fri, 08/07/2009 - 10:25
User Badges:

i registered last night but it says i have to wait a couple of days for someone to contact me.  i have a regular cisco.com registration but that obviously does not work for partner central.

Moderator Wed, 08/12/2009 - 12:01
User Badges:

Hello,

Did you hear back in regards to gaining your partner registration?  Please let us know so we can direct you to the appropriate resource if needed.

Thank you,

Cisco Moderation Team

misterskippy Mon, 03/15/2010 - 16:12
User Badges:

I'm in exactly the same boat.  I'd like to get a copy of the PVC2300 API doc, but my newly-created Cisco login doesn't seem to have access to the doc.

Uh...  Help?  :)

-Scott

Steven DiStefano Tue, 03/16/2010 - 05:17
User Badges:

Scott,

I have asked the team responsible for that document (posted above) to let us know what level of Partner authentication is required to access that doc.

Steve

Steven DiStefano Tue, 03/16/2010 - 08:45
User Badges:

Just verified this information is protected for partner access and login credentials only.

asarutan Tue, 03/16/2010 - 15:43
User Badges:

Use the bottom command and change the size=320x240 to size=2 for quality you can chose 1-5, 1 being the best. size=2&quality=x.

(This replies to Total...)

Alan.

misterskippy Tue, 03/16/2010 - 10:38
User Badges:

Okaaaay.  So...

I need to get a copy of this doc.  How do I go about it?

-Scott

Steven DiStefano Tue, 03/16/2010 - 12:01
User Badges:

Misterskippy,

Can you tell me who your SBMM (small Business market manager) is or your insides sales account manager (ICAM) along with the name of your Cisco Partner Business and I will try to help you get it....

Steve

misterskippy Tue, 03/16/2010 - 12:06
User Badges:

I have none of the above.  I'm just a normal guy who bought a nice Netgear webcam from NewEgg (or maybe TigerDirect, I forget which) and want to use it to it's full potential.

-Scott

Steven DiStefano Tue, 03/16/2010 - 12:14
User Badges:

Netgear?  You mean Cisco, no?

The Business Unit protects the API documents for registered partners only.

I am sorry about that.

Steve

misterskippy Tue, 03/16/2010 - 12:18
User Badges:

No.  I mean Netgear.  Cisco recently rebranded the PVC2300 as a Cisco cam (new firmware, etc.), but it still says Netgear on the case.

So, how do I get the API doc for this camera?  I've searched the net and THIS is the only place it exists.  How do I get it?  And if you can't help me, who do I talk to that can?

-Scott

Steven DiStefano Tue, 03/16/2010 - 14:40
User Badges:

Actually, you mean Linksys.  BIG difference there.

Linksys Business Series was accumulated into Cisco Small Business, since it was purpose built for small business, not residential/consumer grade.

The new PVC2300 actually are Cisco branded on the case.

The collateral you seek is protected by the business unit that supplies it, since it was placed on a portal that only Cisco registered partners can access.

As I wrote, I already checked with the BU and they told me thats where it lives and not to hand it out.  I cannot override that. 

I am not sure there are any secrets in there, but I dont make the rules, sorry.

Do you want to be a Cisco Partner?   Sign up and gain access to everything you need to sell Cisco successfully to end customers?  If you tell me your geography (city/state/zip, I will have an ICAM call you and help recruit you.....

Steve D

Systems Engineer

U.S. Partner Sales team

RTP, N.C.

misterskippy Tue, 03/16/2010 - 14:45
User Badges:

Sorry.  Linksys.

Look...  I'm a software engineer.  I don't sell anything to anyone.  I bought the camera because it had a good picture and did what I needed.

I just need the docs for my camera.

When you guys absorbed the Linksys gear, you also absorbed the Linksys customer base.  Namely people like me.  Not Cisco salesman or partners.  Just tech types.

Who do I contact?  Give me a name, email, or phone number.  In a PM if necessary.

-Scott

Steven DiStefano Tue, 03/16/2010 - 14:49
User Badges:

Send me your contact info and I will pass it to the BU Product Manager.

You can PM me if you prefer, no problem.

Steve

David Hornstein Wed, 03/24/2010 - 07:04
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi Scott,

If you bought the product at newegg or Tigerdirect, someone there must have put a sticker on the box that says netgear. These cameras are just not netgear cameras.

Alan is the 'man' on the survaillance cameras, so whatever he says goes.

For the API for the PVC2300 try the following location, i think you will find this document most useful;

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-6744

regards Dave

misterskippy Wed, 03/24/2010 - 09:43
User Badges:
Steven DiStefano Wed, 03/24/2010 - 09:52
User Badges:

We did advise that legally, a regular (non Partner) cant have the document.

Sorry.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content