Views
Helpful
Replies

CU OM 2.1 managing hostname and VG224 device type

oattoumani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am experiency many issues with CU OM 2.1 installed last month.

First: I configure the credentials in the Common Services with the correct display name (hostname) and the device type (routers,and VG224), after the discovery job: all devices are discovered correctly in the CS CDR and correctly in OM inventory:all devices are monitored.

But in the OM all devices or in the OM SLV dashboard all devices are displaied only with their IP adresse, the hostname is not seen on all devices. Have you an idea how I can fix this problem.

Second : in OM, I can not see the device type VG224 , the VG devices are monitored as a router, is there any compatibility to monitor correctly the VG224 devices type on the OM dashboards.

Thanks for your helps.

Omar ATTOUMANI

Omar.attoumani@ineo.com

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

I think it looks like bug CSCso71375 Devices added by hostname in Common Services unreachable in Operations Manager. Once a device is added to the DCR, you can add it to the Operations Manager inventory (the Operations Manager inventory is separate from the DCR). When a device is added to the DCR, the DCR assigns a DCR ID to every managed component. The DCR maps components to devices using either the device name or IP address. When the DCR device is added to Operations Manager, Operations Manager maps the DCR ID to a device name during inventory collection

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/2.1/user/guide/useDevMg.html#wp1254196

oattoumani
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your explanations.

I am going to make a new discovery and will make the manual import if necessary.

thanks for all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: