Incoming Call Handling

Unanswered Question

The system is setup to go to auto attendant for incoming calls.  There is one incoming number (555-123-4567 for example) that needs to go directly to an extension.  It is connected to a security system.  A live person has to answer the phone and hit 9 to open the door.

How is this accomplished?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Skyler Spence Thu, 05/07/2009 - 12:29

You can use CCA to configure incoming call handling, or DID mapping.  In CCA 1.9 this should be in the Telephony-Voice page under the Dial Plan tab.

Steven Smith Fri, 05/08/2009 - 07:27

This isn't done under DID.  You don't really have DIDs with FXO.  You need to find the configure the FXO to ring an extension.  I don't have CCA 1.9 installed right now, but under telephony, there is a place to configure FXO's to ring an extension.  That is all you need to do to make this work.

This system that opens the door is what is calling on the FXO correct?  In that case, when the user presses 9, it will trigger the correct response for the door system.

Skyler Spence Fri, 05/08/2009 - 08:35

For configuring the FXO inbound call routing, navigate to the Configure->Telephony->Voice, Dialplan tab, then look for "FXO Trunks Destination" and choose "Custom" from the dropdown menu.  Now click the configure button and click Add to add in your trunk destinations.  Just give a description, choose the port, and choose the extension you wish to ring (which can be a user or AA/VM pilot).  For an example, please view the screenshot I attached.

Steven Smith Mon, 05/11/2009 - 06:04

Is the number a calling number?  A call from 555-123-4567 to your system?  Or, are you talking about a call to 555-123-4567?

Marcos Hernandez Mon, 05/11/2009 - 06:34

A couple of facts about analog CO trunks:

1) There is only one "connection plar" statement under an FXO voice port, meaning there can only be one destination.

2) Caller id is usually passed after the first ring or first few rings, too late to select an inbound voice port based on calling number. In other words, for inbound calls we strictly depend on what the phone company does and which line they select.

You could point your connection plar to a sequential hunt group that hits 222 first. Based on caller ID, the person at the IP phone may decide to answer or not. If they don't, the next extension would ring (AA).

Marcos Hernandez Mon, 05/11/2009 - 06:36

Let me add that since this sequential hunt group will have a SIP call leg (CUE AA) you will need to create it outside of CCA with the "voice-hunt" CLI.

Marcos Hernandez Mon, 05/18/2009 - 10:32

You could potentially match inbound SIP calls based on Calling number, rather than called number, and then send them to different AA scripts. Go ahead and experiment with the "answer-address" command, under the inbound VoIP SIP dial peers.

Steven Smith Tue, 05/19/2009 - 08:01

With FXO, there is not a called number presented.  You may get caller ID from the calling party, but the called party is not shown.

I opened a case with TAC.  Here is what they came up with:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /222/

voice translation-profile 1
translate called 1

dial-peer voice 222 pots
answer-address 4145551234
translation-profile incoming 1

If a call comes in from 4145551234, it goes to extension 222.  Any other number goes to the auto attendant.

It worked.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

This Discussion