cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Call Handling

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

The system is setup to go to auto attendant for incoming calls.  There is one incoming number (555-123-4567 for example) that needs to go directly to an extension.  It is connected to a security system.  A live person has to answer the phone and hit 9 to open the door.

How is this accomplished?

18 Replies 18

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use CCA to configure incoming call handling, or DID mapping.  In CCA 1.9 this should be in the Telephony-Voice page under the Dial Plan tab.

It will not let me.  The trunks dropdown is empty.

What type of trunk is this?  FXO, SIP, ISDN?

FXO

This isn't done under DID.  You don't really have DIDs with FXO.  You need to find the configure the FXO to ring an extension.  I don't have CCA 1.9 installed right now, but under telephony, there is a place to configure FXO's to ring an extension.  That is all you need to do to make this work.

This system that opens the door is what is calling on the FXO correct?  In that case, when the user presses 9, it will trigger the correct response for the door system.

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For configuring the FXO inbound call routing, navigate to the Configure->Telephony->Voice, Dialplan tab, then look for "FXO Trunks Destination" and choose "Custom" from the dropdown menu.  Now click the configure button and click Add to add in your trunk destinations.  Just give a description, choose the port, and choose the extension you wish to ring (which can be a user or AA/VM pilot).  For an example, please view the screenshot I attached.

Thanks for the responses.

What I am really looking for is any FXO port that takes a call with the specific number (555-123-4567) go to extension 222.  If it is not 555-123-4567 go to extension 290 (which is the auto attendant.)

Is the number a calling number?  A call from 555-123-4567 to your system?  Or, are you talking about a call to 555-123-4567?

A call from 555-123-4567 to the UC500.

When a person at the door hits the button, it initiates a call from 555-123-4567 to the business.  The business picks up, asks who is there than hits the 9 on their phone to open the door.

Brian,

A couple of facts about analog CO trunks:

1) There is only one "connection plar" statement under an FXO voice port, meaning there can only be one destination.

2) Caller id is usually passed after the first ring or first few rings, too late to select an inbound voice port based on calling number. In other words, for inbound calls we strictly depend on what the phone company does and which line they select.

You could point your connection plar to a sequential hunt group that hits 222 first. Based on caller ID, the person at the IP phone may decide to answer or not. If they don't, the next extension would ring (AA).

Thanks,

Marcos

Let me add that since this sequential hunt group will have a SIP call leg (CUE AA) you will need to create it outside of CCA with the "voice-hunt" CLI.

Marcos

Someone told me maybe the AA could process the caller id then forward the call to the appropriate extension.  Is this a possibility?

Not with the provided scripts, no :-(

Marcos

How would this be setup using a SIP line?  The original question is what I am asking about.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.