Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot listen to recordings

dnazefg20
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We just implemented Cisco's Unified Contact Center Express 7.0 and upgraded to Call Manager 7.0.2(a) from Call Mgr. 4.0.

We have 8 workstations with cisco supervisor desktop and all seem to work fine. However, of the 8 there are 2 workstations where we cannot listen to any recordings. They are listed in the Supervisor Record Viewer and when the play button is hit it behaves as if the recording is playing, but there is no sound. We have checked the obvious (speakers plugged in, volume turned up, etc).

I have tried comparing phone settings in Call Mgr., tried uninstalling and reinstalling supervisor desktop and also made those users local admins on their machines. But I cannot get the recordings to play on these 2 workstations. I don't know if the problem is with the workstations themselves or if it is a CCM or IPCC issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

christopyoung
Level 1
Level 1

Thought.

Have you set your port spans correctly in the data switch?

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

I am having the same problem. I have over 100 agents that can all be recorded except for 3. I believe this is due to the particular sound cards in the workstations. On older versions of IPCC there was a postinstall patch that you had to run to get the recordings working properly. I thought this would have been fixed in version 7, but I guess not. I am looking for a new patch. When I find it, I'll post a link.

Brett

Ok, I got our batch file to work. Basically it sets the following registry setting and runs the postinstall.exe file.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0001]

"PreserveVlanInfoInRxPacket"="1"

We run into this on all of our Optiplex 320 machines. The NIC that is in them doesn't play nice with monitoring and recording until the PreservVlanInfoInRxPacket is set to 1 in the registry. Give it a shot. Don't forget to run postinstall.exe again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: