cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS 15454 VT1.5 Circuit Rolls

roalwch09
Level 1
Level 1

I am having some issues with VT1.5 cross connects that we tried to roll, but are still in a pending roll status. We rolled the circuits in preparation of moving our ONS's into a BLSR ring. All of our ONS's are in a BLSR ring now but we are unable to delete any of the old VT1.5 cross connects.

We have tried working with the UPSR Selectors to bounce the VT1.5 cross connects and were able to delete most cross connects from the terminating ONS they were built to roll to, but we are not able to delete or complete the rolls on the ONS we originated the roll requestes.

We have also tried logging into TL1 to delete the cross connects but we only get errors stating that "The cross connects could not be deleted"

Does anyone have any thoughts on how we can delete these cross connects from our ONS?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What software release level are you running?

Currently we have all ten ONS's running on version 07.20-006E-04.17

I thought you might have too old of a release to support the operation, but that doesn't seem to be the case. From your attempt to use TL1, Field Notice 63053 (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/New/fn63053.html) also does not seem to apply.

Are the circuits single or dual rolls? Single- or two-circuit? I'm only asking to point out that the reference manual (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r7_0_1/15454/sonet/reference/guide/r701circ.html#wp161731) has constraints and procedures that vary according to those characteristics.

I believe these to be single rolls, but by documentation I am not sure how these fit in the equation on roll definition.

All of these rolls are rolling from and to the same node. Example of one of the rolls:

Roll Path: CHCGIL01ONS03/s14/p9/S1/V2-1 Roll From Path: CHCGIL01ONS03/s13/p1/S2/V1-2 Roll to Path: CHCGIL01ONS03/s13/p1/S6/V1-3

I also wanted to note that I have already looked at the rolls at the Network View to see if I could complete, Force, Finish, or Cancel the rolls but all options are grayed out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco