cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stoter sound CP 7925

hotrot_net
Level 1
Level 1

I client of mine has bought 5 CP7925. After a lot of trouble adding them to the UC500 with 2 AIR-AP521G-E-K9 connected to it they're finally up and running.

The only trouble is that after a not measrable time frame they start to stoter sound. I'll even make it spookie, 2 CP7925 registerard to the same acces point 1 has stoter sound the other doesn't, SAME SETTINGS.. I'll even make it more spookie 2 other phones registard to anther acces point, one stoters the other one doesn't when i remove the battery of the one that stoters the problem is gone after a reboot, bud not with a simple reboot of the phone. (by power button)

Does anyone have an idea?

Note that after changing form WPA to WPA2 the time frame did expand and even the range expanded..!!

Greetings

Andy

31 Replies 31

Andy,

Please check the following VoD that we did today about the Mobility Express solution. Make sure that your configuration follows the design guidelines covered in the presentation:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10460

(look under "Wireless")

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

hotrot_net
Level 1
Level 1

Marcos,

These guidelines are just guidelines not a soluition to my problem.
Of course a followed the instructions provided by Cisco only 2 acces point on the UC500 without a 520 Wireless Express Mobility Controller.

The connection to the AP's is not the problem. The problem is that the phone's sometimes start to stoter, and after unplugging the battery the problem is gone, a simular phone on the same AP doesn't have that problem(at that time). But after a piriod of time the same problem starts again on one of the phone's (or both). The problem was even worse with WPA  (one) , after setting the AP to WPA2 the problem is as good as gone but never the less stil comes back now and then. The only way to resolve it is to unplug the battery of the phone that causes the problem. At that time te phone has a good wireless signal but stoters like hell.

So please don't answer it with a nice presentation of the cisco Wireless Express Mobility Controller.

I see now that in the 6th page your advice is that with 2 access points ONLY DATA is an option..!!! COME ON CISCO.. if that is what the new statement is form cisco then I never can sell it to SMB clients. After reading the paper that comes with the UC500 ( CIsco Smart Business Communicatinos System Setup ((version 1.0)  at page 7  a picture (number 230637) states other wise then provided in the presantion.

It would be a flaw if wireless Voice only can be made with a 526 ..!!! because a 526 here in the netherlands  costs € 826,-- that's almost as much as the whole UC500, that has the capability to provide the same as the 526. In the statement that is made in the presenstion, means that this client has to buy a 526 just for 3 wirless CP7925 ( wich also are not cheap..!!!!!) this puts the UC500 right of the marked for SMB.!!

Greetings

Andy

Hi Andy,

We can address the concerns about product positioning on a different thread or privately. Feel free to email me at marchern@cisco.com

Going back to your problem, I have been doing some research and I found a few similar instances. A couple recommendations to try before we send you to TAC:

1) Since you mention the battery, in at least one case changing the "on call power save" to "none" helped.

Settings -> Network Profiles -> Profile Number -> WLAN configuration
->Call Power Save Mode (press **#) and change it to NONE

2) Do you notice the stuttering when Music on Hold (MoH) is played? The AP521 has some performance limitations with regards to multicast. You can try changing to unicast MoH. Sample config below:

======
ephone-dn  9
number BCD no-reg primary
description MoH
moh ip 239.11.26.16 port 2139 out-call ABC

After change
==========
ephone-dn  9
number BCD no-reg primary
description MoH
moh out-call ABC

Thanks,

Marcos

Dear Marcos,

Bin there don that. I've already tried the options you provided. It helps a litte. But still the problem returns

MoH is turned off on the CP7925's.. I do have the same trouble with the voice mail access. So it's got nothing to do with interconnect to other voice lines. I also installed the latetest firmware (1.3) on the phone's but that also didn't fix my problem.

Maybe this info will lead to another solution.

Greetings

Andy

Andy,

I did find an internal request from someone who encountered THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM that you are seeing, but there's no follow up and the thread goes unanswered...

May I kindly ask you to open a TAC case and send me the number when you are done, so we can track it? This definitely looks like something on the product side and not related to your deployment.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Hi,
Did you found a solution of your problem? I Have exactly the same problem.

Thank

Daniel

Dear Daniel,

I did found the solution..!!! It's a cisco mis manufacturing. and they don't even give in to it.

After spending a lot of time (money) at a site where I had this trouble I finally got some one of the cisco Wirelless TAC team that helped me out.
The problem you have is the software on the phone..!!!! you have to contact cisco and ask for this file

CP7925G-1.3.3.0.3.TAR

Then all your troubles are over.

I spend over 7500 euro solving this trouble and the only thing cisco has to say on that......" we have a lot of 7925 phones that don’t cause this trouble and you're the first that has these troubles, we're not gonna help you out with whatever compensation."  in other words I spend a lot of money making it work and even though it's a cisco software related problem they not gonna compensate me in any way.

Never the less my troubles are over.

Greetings

Andy Gribnau

UPDATE.. Cisco if you do read this please contact me again.. because it seams I'm not the only one having this problem!!!!

Thank you very much for your reply.
I just have one last question
where I can download this file?
on site cisco there is only 1.3.3

Thank you in advance
Daniel

Daniel,

I know that the file is not online..!! That is just what I’m complaining about.. Without this file its not working. YOu have to ask cisco about it.. Make a TAC and ask for the file..

Greetings

Andy Gribnau

Hi infoestrie,

If you have hard problem to get the file, I could send you a link. Gave me a email.

BR

Looks like this issue is fixed in 1.3.4 firmware for the 7925 which went live on CCO today.  The bug id for this problem is...

CSCtc54410:  7925 has voice gaps for PSTN calls when connected to CME

I am working on getting this into the 8.0.2 software pack as well.

We have 2 7925's on a UC560 with an ESW and an AP521G.

The 7925 users experience dropped calls frequently !?  They want to throw the phones out the window...

We have 1.3.4 firmware loaded, so now what ?

I'm not sure if I call TAC or STAC ?

SEP00269946B1EC   CP7925G-1.3.4          CP7925G-1.3.4          Initialized

SEP00269946C90D   CP7925G-1.3.4          CP7925G-1.3.4          TCP-timeout

Help!

Stacy

Maybe I just have a bad handset if only one of the two has this issue?

Stacy

I spoke too soon. Now I have the 2nd 7925 dropping calls.

Stacy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: