cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC managment from CiscoWorks

robporzig
Level 1
Level 1

I see RME has WLC device packages so i assume inventory & confifg can be managed from CiscoWorks. Has anyone tried this?

I've got the config archive working but not the inventory.

2 Replies 2

Inventory Collection is supported on the controller using RME. Please use the URL below for getting details on the supported devices in RME and other LMS components.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_device_support_tables_list.html

--

Pushkar

Be sure and check your config archive to ensure it provides what you want. When we did the same for a 4402 WLC, then config that was archived was essentially the "show run-config" output. This is very different from, and much less complete than, the XML file generated by doing a config backup via the controller's web interface.

Since we use WCS I did not test anything further, but I would urge you to ensure that the archive provides you with the recoverability that you need (or that you know what other pieces you need to ensure the full recovery of a failed/dead controller).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card