Helpful
Replies

IME signature version not updated

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have the following problem with IME:

I have 5 AIP-SSM10 managed through IME and out of the 2 show older signature version (387) on the dashboard however when I query the status it show tha latest (397).

Had someone similar issue?

Thanks,

Kris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq53214

To get them in sync again you will need to reboot the sensor. For some reason the health monitoring code on the sensor (which is responsible for the dashboard information) is not properly detecting the installation of the signature update. A reboot forces a restart of the health monitoring code and it then properly reads in the current sig update level.

Do understand, however, that the restart is just a temporary fix and it may still happen again.

This does not always happen. I am not sure if developers know yet what situation causes this to happen.

If this issue consitently recreates itself on your sensor, then you might try calling the TAC. Your sensor might help development in debugging the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq53214

To get them in sync again you will need to reboot the sensor. For some reason the health monitoring code on the sensor (which is responsible for the dashboard information) is not properly detecting the installation of the signature update. A reboot forces a restart of the health monitoring code and it then properly reads in the current sig update level.

Do understand, however, that the restart is just a temporary fix and it may still happen again.

This does not always happen. I am not sure if developers know yet what situation causes this to happen.

If this issue consitently recreates itself on your sensor, then you might try calling the TAC. Your sensor might help development in debugging the issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card