Views
Helpful
Replies

2100 WLC Redundent LAN Uplinks?

serotonin888
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In the data sheet for the 2100 it states that "Provides eight 10/100 Ethernet ports, intended to support a combination of access points and redundant LAN uplinks"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps7206/ps7221/product_data_sheet0900aecd805aaab9.html

My question is.. How do you configure the redundent uplinks as aparently the 2100 doesnt support LAG (Link aggregation)..

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, so long as you configure the switch ports and your interfaces properly you shoud be fine. If the port one is lost, it will resort to the back up port.

yes, you can configure your controller ports in that way.

Always test it before releasing into production

if you found this post helpful please rate it ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you configure your dynamic interface under the CONTROLLER tab. You select a port in which you want that traffic cross. Under that you can also select a BACKUP port should the other port ever go down ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Excellent, Thanks.

So i can uplink the primary and backup ports to seperate switches?

I'm thinking that i would home all interfaces to the same priamry and backup ports and then uplink each port to a different switch. There isnt really a need to try and load balance as the traffic volumes are quite low.

What do you think?

yes, so long as you configure the switch ports and your interfaces properly you shoud be fine. If the port one is lost, it will resort to the back up port.

yes, you can configure your controller ports in that way.

Always test it before releasing into production

if you found this post helpful please rate it ...

Thanks for the great replies. Really appreciate your advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card