cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.1.3108-1 How can I block unwanted calls?

donnaavila
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to block calls?

Any configuration help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Donna

8 Replies 8

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

IP phone to IP phone, yes. Inbound calls, it depends on the type of GW you have. Can you provide more detail?

We are using MGCP Gateway. Some of my end users are receiving telemarketing calls and would like them blocked.

Thanks,

Donna

there is a way but you would need to switch to H323, NO WAY WITH MGCP

Reject Calls

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml#reject

Call Blocking Configuration Examples

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con11

Please search NetPro, there are plenty of posts on this matter that have been asked previously and you can use as reference

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming this with me.

Hi,

What I have done previously for customers with MGCP gateways is to use a translation pattern to match the calling number and change the called number to a CTI route point that forwards all calls to a Unity mailbox configured to play a message saying "Please do not make unsolicited calls etc." and then drop the call.

If you wanted to really discourage these callers, and have IPCC Express, instead of sending them to Unity you could send them to an IPCC IVR with about ten sets of menu choices before playing a message that their call is not welcome.

Translation patterns match dialed digits, NOT ANI, they've NEVER matched ANI

Translation Pattern Configuration

Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses translation patterns to manipulate dialed digits before it routes a call. In some cases, the system does not use the dialed number. In other cases, the public switched telephone network (PSTN) does not recognize the dialed number.

HTH

java

Thanks, I will look into this.

Do you think you can tell me the steps how to do this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: