cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX inbound calls alerting caller-id

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have a simple IVR configuration that works fine, but the users are asking why they see the CTI route point information during call alerting instead of the caller's caller-id. They do see the caller's caller-id after they connect, but not during alerting.

Does anyone know how I can get the caller's caller-id to show up during alerting instead of the CTI route point?

Thanks,

Mark

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a fundamental limitation to CCX and how it offers calls to an agent. The caller remains on a CTI Port of the CCX box until an agent accepts the call. At that point the call is transferred. Because of this, the Calling Party information is that of the CTI Port until the agent takes the call. My understanding is that this is possible with ICM/UCCE but I'm not familiar with the method that ICM uses to achieve this. I would recommend having your CAM submit a feature request.

There is some scripting that you can do to get around this. The way I do it is that when I select the agent, I don't connect. I set the agents extension to a string, then do a call redirect to that string. That will present the caller id to the agent, but causes some other issues.

Please rate if this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

Chadlincoln,

The users that are asking about this are not agents on UCCX. They are part of a huntgroup that UCCX forwards calls. Would your script cause issues in this scenario?

I was thinking there might be a way to collect the caller-id after a call connects to the script and then forward those to the call recepient as alerting caller-id, but don't know how to do this.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

If I understand correctly, you're doing a call redirect to a hunt pilot on CM? When you have a call redirect script, it is like a blind transfer where it will send the caller-id of the original caller, not the CTI port forwarding the call.

Please rate if this helped.

You are correct that we do a call redirect to a hunt pilot. However, we are seeing the CTI port instead of the caller's caller-id.