Views
Helpful
Replies

Higher Data Rates than 54 Mbit

dne222
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are using an 4404 with 5.2 and one new 1142 AP. Now i have an HP Notebook with the Intel 4965AGN running Proset 12.4.0.0. My Problem is that i won't get any higher Data Rate than 54 Mbit. We have activate 40Mhz Channel on 5 Ghz and activate N on that band - the other configuration is default on that a/n set.

Do you have any suggestions ??

Thanks Dennis

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dennis.

Have you checked the client and is N enabled on the client?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

N rates are disabled if you set WEP or TKIP encryption. Make sure you're using either no encryption or AES.

Hi, N is enabled on the Client and Encryption is set to WPA2-AES.

Thanks Dennis

Dennis,

I had to set WMM to "allowed" on the WLAN in WCS to get the higher data rates in addition to using AES. On a side note, I have seen better data rates when disabling laptop wireless card power saving options with some models.

Randy

Have a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/c52ccfg.html#wpmkr1316150

As already mentioned, be sure you have WPA2+AES or Open, and have WMM mode set to allowed.

Also, just curious, when you are connected to the SSID, does it show your connection speed at 54 or 300? Is the 54 that you are getting only throughput or is that what it shows you as connected as?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: