Blast group to AA handoff issue

Unanswered Question
May 8th, 2009

We are relatively new to the UC500 system in specific, and Cisco products in general, so please bear with me.

We have been experiencing a problem with the blast groups on our UC500 at our main site that I was hoping someone could provide some fresh ideas about.

We have a UC500 with 11 handsets (10 7961's and 1 7921 wireless handset) and a ce520 24 port swtich, at our main site.  All of the inbound/outbound traffic is handled by a SIP trunk.  All incoming calls ring a blast group that rings all phones for X seconds, and then is answered by an AutoAttendant if there is no answer.  All of the calling has been working fine, and most of the features (AA, vmail, etc), with one odd exception.

The system seems to be dropping calls from one carrier (Verizon Wireless... but not normal Verizon ground lines) when the blast group tries to hand the call off to the autoattendant (or any other feature, vmail, another blast group, an extension, etc).  Through a little trial and error, I also found that this issue only happens when there are 7 or more members in the blast group (but it doesn't matter which users are assigned as members, as long as there are 6 or less).  All other carriers I have tried test calls from are handled normally by the system regardless of the number of members in the blast group.  Any ideas as to what might be causing this issue would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

James

On an unrelated note, we have not been able to get the voicemail to email feature working, and any tips or suggestions would be of great assistance.  We have been trying to use the SMTP server of our ISP to no avail.  Thanks again.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Maulik Shah Sun, 05/10/2009 - 18:59

Your issue does appear to be very interesting. I am not seeing it here but do not have a Verizon number to call from. For starters would suggest you post the below:

config (show run)

version (show version)

enable debugs per - https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9830

The other alternative to get support, as this does seem like something would require some back & forth in troubleshooting, would be to open a Cisco TAC case (http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do)